Monday, September 28, 2009

Covering all bases

I am still trying to get to the bottom of my son's illness. It could be several viruses/infections occurring back to back. It could be one nasty infection that won't go away. It could be allergies.

I was talking to a coworker. I was telling him that my son has been sick everyday since August 6th; some days a little sick and some days very sick. He commented that he had been sick for almost a month. He says he''ll feel better for a couple of days and then it hits again. He said it is due to ragweed.

So I went to the Internet and looked up symptoms of ragweed allergy. Ragweed pollens cause miserable symptoms, such as sneezing, wheezing, sore throats and headaches. Additionally, hay fever from ragweed and other pollens can develop into complications such as sinusitis, ear infections, sore throats, cough and headache. Advanced symptoms can include fatigue, poor sleep and irritability.

I already have a call in to his allergist.

1 comment:

  1. It would do well to check the ragweed alert as provided by many websites so that effective measures could be taken beforehand.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete