Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Any fluid from the ears indicates infection

Did you know that? I didn't. This is what the nurse from the ear, nose, and throat doctor told me today. It does not matter if it is clear, yellow, brown, or blood tinged.

You know that Randy has been battling this "cootie" for the last 3 1/2 weeks. Well his ears have been draining since about day 8 of the "cootie attack". I thought it was normal for a cold like when your nose runs or your eyes get that gook. I took him to the doctor after a week of the drainage and was given antibiotics. I then took him back three days later when he was not getting better and they gave him a stronger antibiotic. Well his finished the antibiotic on Friday and his ears are still draining. The pediatrician told me to call the ENT.

The ENT nurse told me to bring him in on Thursday morning and begin giving him the ear drops again. She said they will probably suction his ear and take a culture. Then I could have sworn I heard her say something like "...they may want to observe him...." I am pretending I did not hear that.
I can still clap even though I don't feel good.
Sleeping while being held makes me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment