Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Unwanted house guest

We have an unwanted house guest and it won't leave. I call it the "cooties", but it goes by other names. Some of them include: fever, cold, virus, pneumonia, ear infection. I don't care what it is, I just want it to leave my baby alone.

As I stated in the previous post, Randy started daycare. His first day was Tuesday, August 4th. He began to get sick Thursday, August 6th and has been sick ever since. His only full week of daycare was the first week. He is only supposed to attend on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. The "cootie" reign goes like this:

Thursday, August 6th-Low grade temp
Friday, August 7th-Runny nose and sneezing
Weekend-fevers ranging 99.9 F-102.9 F

Monday, August 1oth-temp 103.5 F, sneezing, runny nose, cough
Tuesday, August 11th-visit doc, chest xray (normal), blood (normal); called it a virus
Wednesday, August 12th-fever breaks, cough, runny nose, and sneezing persist

Tuesday, August 18th-ears start to drain; cough, runny nose, and sneezing persist
Saturday, August 22nd-back to doctor; double ear infection, antibiotic and ear drops

Monday, August 24th-cough persists; starting to sound like a bark; go to urgent care; suspect pneumonia and pertussis (whooping cough); new antibiotic and nose spray
Tuesday, August 25th-No whooping cough; symptoms continue but not as severe

Have you noticed that we are in week three of the "cootie reign". I need some volunteers for my army so I can kick this thing out of my house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment